A warm community
The Glennie School is well supported by a very active parent community that plays an important role in the development and improvement of the School.
Whether past or present, Glennie parents have been an integral part of the very fabric of our community. Their passionate encouragement of our girls, dedication to our programs and ongoing support is key to who we are as a school.
The School, Parents and Friends Association and support groups provide many opportunities for parents to come together and establishlong-lasting friendships.
These friendships are cemented at events and celebrations such as Mums’ and Dads’ evenings, Principal’s country visits to regional Queensland and New South Wales, the Welcome Soiree, Boarding Mothers’ and Fathers’ catch-ups, Glennie Fair, High Tea, Jazz festival and a host of sports and arts events.
Parents & Friends Association
The Glennie Parents and Friends’ Association and its sub-committees are voluntary groups that pride themselves on making a difference to the educational environment at the School. The P & F assists the School by providing additional resources, equipment and general support for the benefit of all Glennie girls. All Glennie parents and friends are welcome to join this very active group, whose activities afford many chances to meet new people, make a contribution and enjoy your Glennie experience. Depending on where your interests lie, you can join the general P & F group, any of the Glennie P & F sub-committees or both.
P & F meetings are advertised in the School calendar and communicated via email. These meetings are attended by the Principal and other senior staff.
Parents’ attendance is encouraged and welcomed at these meetings, providing an opportunity for you to make a contribution to decisions being considered for:
- Fundraising activities
- Requests for financial assistance
- Allocation of available funds
- How best the P & F can benefit all Glennie girls
Glennie French Immersion Supporters Group (GFISG)
Glennie is one of the few schools in Queensland offering this unique immersion learning opportunity and values the support of parents involved with GFISG in making the program the success it is. This group raises funds to support students going to France during the program.
Performing Arts Supporters Association (PASA)
Glennie’s performing and fine arts program is a vibrant facet of the School where girls are encouraged to pursue their talents and develop their skills. PASA assists the girls to flourish in the arts by fundraising to support equipment and opportunities aimed at enhancing the girls’ arts experience. The bi-annual PASA High Tea is a premier fundraising event.
Glennie Sports Supporters (GSS)
The Glennie Sports Supporters help to provide increased sporting opportunities for all Glennie girls and are focused on fundraising to assist with this. Just as each girl is encouraged to make the most of the sports program offered at Glennie, parents are encouraged to offer their assistance at regular fixtures as well as carnivals and events.
Glennie Equestrian Supporters Team (GEST)
Many hands make light work when it comes to running equestrian competitions and raising funds to help support the Glennie equestrian girls with training and competing.
The Glennie Fair
The annual Glennie Fair has been showcasing the talent and commitment of our amazing School community and its stunning facilities for many years.
Thanks to the wonderful support of the Glennie P & F and our community, the Glennie Fair continues to deliver an affordable action-packed day for the whole family including:
- Campus Open Day – Tours of our Junior, Middle and Senior Years campuses run throughout the day. Visit the Glennie Information tent for times and registration.
- The Glennie Gift – The hotly contested annual handicap 100m sprint race starring Glennie’s age champions from Years 6 to 12.
- Side show alley – The ever-popular sideshow alley provides hours of entertainment with a variety of rides for thrill-seekers of all ages. Ride armbands will be available to purchase. Click here to secure your armband.
- Food and drink stalls – You will be spoiled for choice with over 20 delicious food and drink options available to keep you nourished throughout the day.
- Shopping precinct – There are a wide variety of stalls for a relaxed shopping experience.
- Displays and entertainment – Glennie’s grounds transform into an outdoor festival with a jam-packed line-up of entertainment featured throughout the day.
- Pig races, raffles and prizes – Make sure to register, get involved and enjoy the competition.
How to get involved
Glennie parents have a history of immersing themselves in the life of the school and we encourage you to do the same.
If you would like to get actively involved in the Glennie Parents & Friends’ Association, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org