10 November 2017
Solution-Focused approaches to anxiety - a toolkit for parents
Anxiety is the number one mental health issue in Australia, but it is also the most treatable. As many parents and teachers will know young children and teens can suffer from anxiety.
This seminar will examine:
- The long vs short-term perspective on anxiety
- Is anxiety catching?
- Solution focussed approaches to dealing with anxiety
- Basic everyday strategies that can be used at home to reduce anxiety
PLEASE NOTE - Parents do not need to register - just turn up on the night at :https://zoom.us/j/865845192
Lyn Worsley is the Director of The Resilience Centre. She is a Clinical Psychologist and Registered Nurse with vast experience in teaching, youth work, early childhood, hospitals and correctional services. She specialises in child, adolescent and family psychology and relationship issues. She is also author of "The Resilience Doughnut Book - The Secret of Strong Kids" and "The Resilience Doughnut Book - The Secret of Strong Adults".
- When: Wednesday, 8 November 2017 8:15PM - 9:15PM Time (ACT, NSW, Victoria)
- Presenter/Provider: NSW Parents Council
- Target Audience: All parents and educators
- Channel: Special event