On 14 February 1929, the Glennie Chapel of St Alban was reopened after enlargement and renovation. This proved necessary due to the rapid growth of enrolments. The enlargement cost about £250 and was extensive.
The sanctuary panelling was completed in silky oak. The window dedicated to Miss Lawrance was incorporated into the sanctuary (later relocated to its present position above the altar on the eastern wall). The length of the building was increased by 12 feet and the original interior was reversed so that the altar and main window faced east. The original entrances were built in and the altar placed in the space where the passageway had been. This added another seven feet to the internal length of the Chapel.
Funding for the extensions came from several sources, including parents, Old Girls and friends.
The dedication service to mark the re-opening of the Chapel was conducted by the school chaplain, Rev. Jen Osborn.
Later in 1929, the wedding of Old Girl Olga Wallis took place in the chapel, the first of many Old Girl weddings to be performed there.
(Ref: Henderson, Christine and John Keeble Winn “100 years of friendship: a centenary history of the Glennie school 1908-2008” and “Chapel Of St Alban” Glennie Archives booklet)