From The Archives 26 March 2021
As the exam block draws to a close and students are waiting with great anticipation for their results, spare a thought for past students who also had to go through the ordeal - sometimes with mixed results!
For teachers, marking exam papers can be interesting! These responses to examination questions were listed in The Glennie Gazette September, 1910.
“Comic Cuts from Examination Papers
- Oxford and Cambridge were discovered by Captain Cook
- Sir William MacGregor (note likeness to Pope Gregor) sent Augustine over to England
- King Arthur was picked up on the sea-shore by a musician named Merlin.
- Every kind of grain is grown on these Downs, the chief being the Darling Downs.
- Most of these volcanoes are active, but one is a dormat (dormant).
- Gonorell said she loved King Lear so much she would dye for him.
- The feminine of “Groomsman” is “Housemaid”.
Mrs Noeleen Fleming