The Glennie School is well supported by a very active parent community that plays an important role in the development and improvement of the School.
Regular opportunities are afforded to parents to provide feedback and suggestions for improvement through involvement in parent representative groups, completing surveys and attending forums, seminars and information evenings.
Glennie parent representatives provide an opportunity for parents to engage in discussions which can influence the decision-making processes of the School.
- Years 7 to 12 Parent Focus Group – meeting once a term with the Principal, the group discusses a range of school-related matters. Members of the group are welcome to offer specific topics for discussion to the Principal for her consideration.
- Years K to 6 Parent Representative Committee – comprising parents from each year group, the committee meets each term to discuss events and fundraising initiatives. These representatives provide important liaison between the School and Glennie families, ensuring the School is aware of any issues as they arise.
- Boarder Parent Forums – all boarder parents are welcome to attend the Boarder Parent Forums held throughout the year. These forums provide a great opportunity for boarding families to keep up to date, raise any concerns or issues and have your questions answered.
Parent Information Events
Parent information events are held throughout the year, ensuring Glennie parents are informed of important information regarding their daughters’ education. These events are usually advertised in the weekly e-newsletter eNews.
- Junior Years Parent Information Events – a parent information evening is conducted at the start of the academic year with additional parent information events held for Prep and Kindergarten, along with other school events and activities during the year as required.
- Middle Years Parent Information Events – parents of Year 7 girls are invited to attend an information evening during Term 1. Additional information sessions are held throughout the year for particular activities and events, such as the French Immersion Information Evening.
- Senior Years Parent Information Events – information evenings on subject choices and the senior assessment processes are held for Senior Years girls and their parents. Other information events throughout the year include university and careers showcases.
- Boarder Information Events – all girls entering boarding are invited to a boarder information afternoon. The next day, Glennie hosts an introduction day for all girls, in both day and boarding, entering Glennie the following year. Boarder parent forums are held throughout the year and provide an opportunity for parents to connect with Glennie staff to talk openly and share feedback.
- Open Days – throughout the year our Junior, Middle and Senior Years campuses open their doors to families considering a Glennie education for their daughter. Families are encouraged to book a personal tour at any time with one of our friendly staff to experience our vibrant and welcoming community first hand. We also provide regular opportunities for girls to spend a day at Glennie and experience first hand what it is like to be a Glennie girl.
We are continually seeking ways to improve the Glennie experience. You don’t need to be a parent representative or be on a committee to be heard. All parents are invited to become involved by completing surveys, attending parent/student/teacher interviews and contacting the School directly with any concerns or suggestions.
- Parent Surveys – parents are asked annually to complete a survey which provides a snapshot of how the School is meeting the needs and expectations of Glennie parents. These results are analysed and steps taken to improve the School’s performance if necessary. Results of the survey are published in the Annual Report each year.
- Boarder Parent Surveys – parents of girls who are boarders are asked to a complete a survey measuring their boarding experience. The results of this survey are used to monitor our efforts in providing a boarding experience that girls will enjoy and value being a part of. The survey provides feedback for boarding staff allowing them to seek continuous improvement in their duty of care responsibilities whilst ensuring that the girls in their care are making the most of the opportunities Glennie provides.
- Parent/Student/Teacher Interviews – parent/student/teacher interviews are held to coincide with the delivery of the girls’ School report at various times throughout the year. Parents make online bookings for an appointment to speak with teachers to discuss their daughter’s progress. Should you wish to discuss your daughter’s progress throughout the term, simply email the teacher to make an appointment.
- Contacting Staff – parents are encouraged to contact the School if they have any questions or concerns. All teachers have a school email address for direct contact. Parents in Junior Years can contact their daughter’s class teacher or the Head of Junior Years. Parents of girls in Middle and Senior Years can contact their daughter’s teachers, Head of House, Head of Department or the relevant member of the Executive team. Appointments can also be made to meet with the Principal if required.