10 March 2017
Congratulations to Year 3 girl Mae Grady who has won the golden ticket to dunk Mrs Cohen at the Precinct Urban Planning Dunking Machine. There were so many entries, but Mae is the lucky one who will be there at 1:00 pm to do the official dunking. Make sure you are there to cheer her on.
10 March 2017
Well, the time has come, the Glennie Fair is almost here. Without the generosity of our sponsors and supporters who have donated money, goods, services and time, we wouldn’t have a Glennie Fair. We say the biggest thank you possible to everyone who has helped make the Fair Possible.
See you all on Sunday!
10 March 2017
Olympic Champions Emilee Cherry OAM and Georgina Frederichs from the Australian Women's Rugby 7s team will be at the Glennie Fair.
At 11:00am on the Glennie Oval, Emilee and Georgina will be running through skills and drills prior to the Black Truck Sales Rugby 7s Exhibition Game brought to you by the Brisbane West Wellcamp Airport and Qantas Link.
Expert MC Mr Geoff MacDonald will commentate throughout the game. After the game, there will be a Q & A session followed by photo opportunities and a chance to get a signature from these Olympic Champions.
What an exciting addition to the Glennie Fair!
3 March 2017
Ride armbands for the Glennie Fair are on sale now at the GOSS. Pre-purchase an armband and save. Armbands pre-purchased from GOSS cost $35 per band. Families with three or more children can pre-purchase three armbands from GOSS for $30. Armbands purchased on Fair day cost $40 with no group discounts. Without an armband, rides cost $5 each.
So, what more incentive do you need? Get into GOSS and pre-purchase your armband soon. GOSS is open from 8:30am to 4:30pm every weekday during term time.
24 February 2017
All Glennie girls can go in the draw to be 'the one'. At 1:00 pm at the Glennie Fair, one lucky Glennie girl will be 'the one' who gets to dunk Mrs Cohen in the Dunking Machine.
Every Glennie girl will receive a ticket via email. They should print their ticket, fill it in and return the ticket stub in an envelope with their $2 to GOSS or the Junior Years Office before 1:00 pm on Friday 10 March.
The 'lucky one' will be drawn that day and notified via eNews, Facebook and email.
In addition to the chance to dunk Mrs Cohen, the 'lucky one' will also receive a free showbag and a framed souvenir photograph.
Girls can enter as many times as they wish! Additional tickets can be printed, or are available from the GOSS.
Will YOU be 'the one'?
24 February 2017
Without sponsorship, the Glennie Fair would not be the same. This week, we would like to say a great big thank you to our five biggest sponsors:
- E Computing
- Burling Brown
- Downs Office Equipment
- BDM Dust-Eze Pty Ltd
- Homestyle Bake
There are so many other sponsors who are contributing to make the Glennie Fair special; they too will be featured in coming editions of eNews.
There are still ways to help, contact P & F President Jason Lipp on 0428 297 250 if you would like your business to be involved with the Fair.
17 February 2017
Glennie Prep is calling for Mystery Bottles for the Glennie Fair. Last year saw an amazing 840 bottles donated, let’s make 2017 even bigger!
Bottles can be as creative as you like, so put your thinking caps on. Some ideas are stationary, hair accessories, wrapped lollies/chocolates, craft items, playing cards, bouncy balls, stickers, etc.
If you don’t have time to fill bottles, just drop your items at GOSS and we will fill the bottles for you.
Junior Years girls can leave filled bottles with their class teacher. Middle and Senior Years girls should bring their filled bottles to their morning tutor time.
3 February 2017
If you like running or swimming, or both, register for the Glennie Aquathon. It will be held on the morning of the Glennie Fair, Sunday 12 March.
Make a team or just join on your own by downloading and completing the registration form below
18 March 2016
Thank you to everyone for make the Glennie Fair such a sensational day!
There are lots of people to thank for enabling the day to happen but without everyone coming and enjoying the fun, food and frivolity there is not much point. So thank you everyone for coming and enjoying the day!
However the day would not be possible without the contributions of a number of groups and individuals that are acknowledged separately below.
Thank you to all our sponsors, especially our major sponsors!
- Best Wilson Buckley
- Black Truck Sales
- Burling Brown
- Deli Delicious
- Downs Rural Medical
- Fitzy's on Church
- Heritage Bank
- Kehoe Myers
- Local Government Super
- Precinct Planning
- Smoke n Mirrors
A special thanks also to Lyndal Brown for co-ordinating the majority of the sponsorship for the fair.
Supporter Groups Stalls
Thank you to all of the Supporter Groups Stall Managers, and to all of the volunteers who supported them before the day and on the day.
A special thanks to Tracy Keighran (French Immersion Crepe Stall), Sybil Beeson (PASA BBQ), Sharon Willmington (Equestrian Pony Gymkhana) and Troy Jensen (Sports Supporters Sno Cones).
Stall Managers and Volunteers
Thank you to all Stall Managers and Year Level Co-ordinators for harnessing the efforts of your year levels, and to all of the volunteers who supported them before the day and on the day.
- Noah's Farm (Mrs Lachalle Jones and Mrs Amanda Beard);
- Mystery Bottles (Mrs Alicia Middleton, Mrs Hanna Rose, Mrs Tanya Archinal);
- Photobooth (Mrs Angelique Pienaar, Mrs Amanda Manthey, Mrs Melissa Oo, Mrs Shadi Faramand);
- Coin Toss (Mrs Pru Rattray, Mrs Sue Hill, Mrs Jess Garratt);
- Crazy Hair (Mrs Renae Mc Namara, Mrs Vicki Lourigan, Mrs Tracey Coetzee);
- Fairy Floss & Donuts (Mrs Lynette Poole and Mrs Penelope Lilford);
- Lucky Dip and Sample Bags (Mrs Lyndal Brown and Mrs Shelley Wardle);
- Fishing Stall (Mrs Regina Baker, Mrs Linda Lester, Mrs Niccii Anderson);
- Cakes (Mrs Carissa Jaworski);
- Greenfingers (Mrs Julia Greive);
- Chips (Mr Paul Albion – Past Parent);
- Cup Cakes (Mrs Christina Lipp and Mrs Tracy Nicholson);
- Fudge Stall (Mrs Claire Huddleston);
- Tea Hut (Mrs Sarah Parkinson);
- Produce Stall (Mr Mitch and Mrs Nick Ruhe-Bennett);
- Drinks (Mrs Mandy Stonestreet);
- Multidraw Raffle (Mrs Erica Buchanan);
- Boarder Boxes (Mrs Sarah Parry-Okeden);
- Wine & Cheese (Mr Phil Stonestreet and Mrs Sally Sainsbury);
A special thanks also to Mrs Mandy Stonestreet who co-ordinated many things, one of which was the Year Level stalls.
Senior School Committees
Thank you to the Senior School Committees and supporting staff for co-ordinating the various stall and activities.
- Pig Races – Interact (Mrs Kristie Skett)
- Fashion Parade – Student Welfare Committee (SWC) (Mr Leigh Duffin and Mrs Kaye Broadfoot)
- Academic Stall – Academic Committee (Mr John Farmer)
- Morning Tea – The Interyear Program (TIP) (Mr Russell Baldock)
- Dunking Machine – Sports Committees (Heads of House – Mrs Susan Rollason, Mrs Cathy Waters, Ms Sue Reynolds, Miss Peta Vincent)
- Helping on all Stalls - Senior School Girls (Head of House - Mrs Susan Rollason, Mrs Cathy Waters, Ms Sue Reynolds, Miss Peta Vincent and Mrs Jillian Johns)
- Japanese Kyoto girls stall - Mrs Jenny Black
- Aquathon – Mr Greg Convery and the sports committee volunteers
- A special thanks also to Mrs Sharon Willmington who coordinated many things, one of which was the School Committee Liaison.
Thank you to all of the students (and their families) who performed on the various stages throughout the day, including Glennie Gymnastics; students in ensembles who played/danced/acted; JE Dancehouse – Jameille Haworth and dancers; Dance Central – Alison Vallette and dancers and Olympus Cheer.
Thank you to Mrs Sharon Gilbert, Mr Jacob Finlay and Mr Jason Wisley for co-ordinating ensembles and helping set up/pack up; Mr Chris Tattersall for setting up and running the sound desk all day; Miss Andreas Elms for organising the drama performances; Mrs Janene Mills for organising the junior ballet; Mrs Christine Kleidon, Mrs Vicki Bravery, Mrs Wendy Evans, Mrs Elizabeth Gordon – conducting and accompanying; Vince from Vetone helping with some sound issues and Mr Russell Pugh for helping with power issues.
A special thank you also goes to Mrs Tamara Hall, Mrs Linda Lester and Mrs Amanda Dalton for coordinating the entertainment and ensuring it progressed throughout the day.
School Staff (Teaching and Non-teaching)
So much happens behind the scenes both before and on the day so thank you must go to a huge number of staff for their assistance and support:
- Advertising and Advertising Material – Special thank you to Mrs Tina Tilden and Mrs Tracey Kessels for their patience and support
- Handing out armbands - Heads of House - Mrs Susan Rollason, Mrs Cathy Waters, Ms Sue Reynolds, Miss Peta Vincent, Mrs Karen Taylor, Mr Cam Broom, Mrs Fiona Stone, Mr Darryl Griffiths, Mrs Jaye Griffiths, Mrs Jeanet Dawson
- Kitchen Support (feeding volunteers, access to kitchen for preparation, cooking potatoes, access to kitchen and kitchen equipment) – Mr Daniel Scott and all the Kitchen Staff
- Maintenance Staff: Mr Russell Pugh and Mr Steve Pugh
- Handling and forwarding enquiries regarding the fair – Mrs Margaret Hawkins and Mrs Lisa Chan in the front office
- Help on the day doing a variety of things – Revd Kate Powell (Master of Ceremonies), Mrs Annie Muller (Glennie Information), Mr Greg Convery and Sports Staff (The Glennie Gift), Mr Henry Campey, Mr John Devine (Tasks various)
- Cash Management (Mr Jason Hockaday)
- Linen at the end of the fair (Laundry Staff)
- GOSS Staff
Thank to Mrs Tracy Keighran (GOSS Manager) and the GOSS staff for all of their support in the lead up to the fair, selling arm bands, collecting donations, printing and everything else they did to support the fair. Special thanks also to Mrs Tracy Keighran who co-ordinated many things, one of which was co-ordinating the purchasing of the bits and pieces for all of the stalls and everything else we needed on the day.
Cash and Funds Management
A special thank you to all the volunteers who supported this during the day (Mr Jason Hockaday, Mrs Joy Taylor, Mrs Karen Reeves and Ms Non Andrews).
A special thanks to Mrs Karen Reeves for all of the pre-fair cash and funds management and all of the funds management activities that are still underway.
Thank you all of you who took signs and placed signs. A special thanks (again) to Mrs Tina Tilden and Mrs Tracey Kessels who supported us in all things advertising and printed, and special thanks to Mrs Erica Buchanan who co-ordinated many things, one of which was advertising and signage. IF YOU HAVE A SIGN WOULD YOU PLEASE RETURN IT TO THE GOSS AT YOUR EARLIEST CONVENIENCE. Thank you again!
Setup and Clean-up
Thank you to all of the volunteers to came to set up and stayed to clean up. All the planning in the world will not put up and pull down the tents, so THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
Thank you to all the aquathon competitors (and their families) who competed in the Aquathon. Congratulations to the winners and thank you to all of the volunteers who helped coordinate the event, especially Mr Shane Nicholson; Mrs Gen Schoorl; Mr Mark Ryan, Dr Sian Ford and Mr Nick Chicalas.
A very big thanks goes Mrs Sharon Willmington who co-ordinated many things, one of which was the market stalls.
GOGA and Foundation
Thank you to GOGA and The Foundation for supporting the Fair.
There are a couple of very special thanks. One goes to Mr Paul Albion who co-ordinated the Chip Van and provided training for next year’s coordinator. Paul’s daughter finished at the school last year and we are extremely appreciative of his time this year.
Another special thanks goes to Ms Robyn Ayles for all the assistance she provided last year and this year to make sure initial bookings were made, orders placed and ‘TO DO’ lists produced to make sure we didn’t miss anything. Thank you Robyn!
2016 Fair Committee
Thank you to all of the fair committee (Mrs Linda Lester, Mrs Erica Buchanan, Mrs Lyndal Brown, Mrs Tamara Hall, Mrs Mandy Stonestreet, Mrs Sharon Willmington, Mrs Sarah Parkinson, Mrs Karen Reeves, Mrs Tracy Keighran, Mr Phil Stonestreet, Mrs Amanda Dalton, Mrs Sally Sainsbury) for all of your efforts. Cheers all round!
2017 Fair Committee Planning
Planning will commence in September so think about how you can help out. We have lots of documented records to assist, so don’t be shy.
I am sure there are people I have forgotten and I apologise in advance. A great day and we look forward to 12 March 2017!
THANK YOU EVERYONE
Mr Jason Lipp
P and F President
11 March 2016
Eight girls are gearing up for the Glennie Gift that will be run at the Glennie Fair on Sunday, 13 March, at 12:30pm. The following girls have qualified to run in 2016 and we wish them all the best:
- 17 Years, Laura Baartz, Qualifying 12.20s, 0m handicap
- 16 Years, Eden Willmington, Qualifying 13.29s, 7m handicap
- 15 Years, Charlotte Lindemann, Qualifying 12.63s, 3m handicap
- 14 Years, Abelee Stanley, Qualifying 13.19s, 6.5m handicap
- 13 Years, Josie Larson, Qualifying 12.84s , 4.5m handicap
- 12 Years, Holly Willmington, Qualifying 14.28s, 13m handicap
- 11 Years, Jessica Fitzgibbons, Qualifying 14.98s, 14.5m handicap
- 10 Years, Abbey Wardle, Qualifying 15.88s, 16m handicap
11 March 2016
Student Welfare Committee girls look forward to welcoming Smoke & Mirrors Boutique to the Glennie Fair and showcasing their stunning designs.
To see the girls modelling the latest in fashion, visit Manning Theatre at 11:30am or 1:30pm this Sunday. Smoke & Mirrors are kindly offering a 20% discount to ALL GLENNIE MOTHERS AND DAUGHTERS in support of our fair.
11 March 2016
You are invited to come to Glennie tomorrow to help set up for the Fair. You’ll be treated to lunch for all your hard work. If you are able to assist, please email email@example.com and we’ll include you in the catering numbers. See you on the lawn in front of the Glennie Chapel (near the teardrop) at 9:00am (or whenever you can make it).
If you can stay and help clean up on Sunday it will be greatly appreciated.
11 March 2016
Thank you to all of you have filled in a roster or have emailed you can help out. Don’t forget you can always call by the stalls to check the rosters and help fill in any gaps. There are a few stalls still looking for more help, in particular the Multi-draw Raffle Stall. This is a Middle and Senior Years Stall so email Erica and let her know when you can assist, firstname.lastname@example.org.
11 March 2016
Download the Glennie Fair program and map for a good read and to help you plan your day. Here are some of the events and attractions:
- On the oval you will be able to explore the Glennie Open Markets featuring 25 specialty stalls! Take the brand new steps leading to the oval located near Two Moos Coffee and Pizza Capers for ease of access.
- Make sure you find a spot on the new grandstand to watch the running of 'Black Isuzu Glennie Gift' down on main oval at 12.30pm.
- Please come along and see the Smoke & Mirrors Fashion Parade in Manning Theatre at The Glennie Fair 11.30am and 1.30pm - brought to you by the Student Welfare Committee 2016. All Glennie Mothers and Daughters are to receive a 20% discount at Smoke & Mirrors in Ruthven Street, so please come along and see the fabulous new season stock just arrived! Please see Brooke at Smoke & Mirrors for some fashion styling to suit YOU!"
- Have a punt on a racing pig to help the Interact Committee raise funds for careflight. The pig races take place throughout the day on the Chapel Lawns.
- Check the entertainment guide to make sure you don’t miss any of the entertainment on the main and hospitality stage.
- Adults can drop in to Fitzy’s Courtyard for a taste of wine and enjoy a cheese platter.
11 March 2016
Step right up and take your turn to Dunk one of these brave souls at the Glennie Fair:
- 10:00am - Mrs Watts
- 10:15am - Olivia Warburton
- 10:30am - Maggie Gall
- 10:45am - Georgia Kennedy
- 11:00am - Sommer-Jade Brameld
- 11:15am - Olivia Stonestreet
- 11:30am - Georgia Parsons
- 11:45am - Senior Constable Chris Brameld
- 12:00pm - Mel Christie
- 12:15pm - Miss Vincent
- 12:30pm - Hannah Rother
- 12:45pm - Mr Carter
- 1:00pm - Mr Baldock
- 1:15pm - Lillian Smith
- 1:30pm - Mrs Matherson
- 1:45pm - Claire Seccombe
- 2:00pm - Sarah Dunn
- 2:15pm - Katie Deane
- 2:30pm - Mrs Gloudemans
- 2:45pm - Mr Griffiths
4 March 2016
The Glennie Parents and Friends’ Association has been overwhelmed with support from the Glennie and business communities. Please take a minute to visit our newest sponsors’ websites and see if they can help you support them!
4 March 2016
This year a parent of a 2015 senior has kindly volunteered to help out but we need someone to be trained for future years. A Year 8 or Year 10 parent would be ideal but if anyone is keen, please let us know. Please email Mandy Stonestreet on email@example.com.
4 March 2016
You are invited to come to Glennie on Saturday, 12 March, to help set up for the Fair. You’ll be treated to lunch for all your hard work. If you are able to assist, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll include you in the catering numbers.