17 March 2017
We currently have two traineeships available for our senior girls. Both would be a fabulous opportunity to learn new skills, develop real work experience and of course complete a Certificate III qualification which will award 8 QCE points and a selection rank on completion. Girls, I look forward to receiving your applications.
Graphic design / marketing / digital media
If you have lots of creative flair and are interested in producing marketing material to help promote Glennie, then we have a job for you!
- Working within the School's Marketing Department, you will learn about the design process from concept to finished product and all the bits in between.
- You will need to be motivated and prepared to work on projects from start to finish with our guidance and your effort.
- The work is varied, fun and creative but it is important that you must be prepared to work within the School's guidelines surrounding the Glennie brand.
- This opportunity is a real-life situation, with real clients, real deadlines and real expectations. Forget that you are at Glennie and work like you are in a design studio.
- At the end, you should have a portfolio of work that could increase your chance of gaining employment in the design or media industry.
If successful you will undertake a Certificate III in Screen and Media, and work for The Glennie School. Please send your resume to me (email@example.com), and in your email outline why you are the best person for this job.
Cert III in Business in the Careers and VET department
Ms Currie and myself have decided to put on a school-based trainee to help us both out with our ever-increasing responsibilities in the Careers and VET department. Now normally, we would both say that we are happy to give advice or feedback on your application letters and resume, but this time, we obviously can't do that. So, we will detail exactly what we are looking for here.
- We want you to send us BOTH an email detailing why you are the perfect person for this position.
- Your attached resume needs to be current, presented fabulously and grab our attention within 5 seconds of opening.
- This job will require you to work one day each school week, and potentially some other days as well to ensure you meet the minimum days required of your traineeship (375 hours per year). We are flexible on days but ideally a Tuesday or Wednesday each week. Or alternative days each week 1 and 2. We may even give you work hours to complete some jobs externally to our office.
- You will complete a Certificate III in Business, and you will be given SOME training time during your work day to complete this, otherwise you will need to do your training work in your own time.
- Qualities we are looking for are:
*Professional and confidential.
*Organised and good time management skills
*Clever IT skills - we may need you to train us in some IT matters, and we are keen for you to develop some new IT procedures to help us make our jobs easier.
*Friendly and positive
If you think you are the right person for this role, then we are very keen to hear from you soon. We will hold interviews before the end of term, with a plan to start someone in Term 2. Please keep in mind that while we would like to give every interested person a job, we only have one position. We will choose that person based on how well each applicant attends to the criteria of this role.
Parents - if you would like further information on either of these roles or about traineeships generally, please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07 4688 8793. Thank you.