Middle Years 7 to 9
Since the establishment of The Glennie School’s Middle Years program for girls in Years 7 to 9 in 2005, our Year 7 girls have enjoyed a ‘flying start’ to their learning on the secondary school campus long before the State Government made its decision to introduce Year 7 to secondary school in 2015.
The well-established Middle Years program means that Glennie’s Year 7 girls look forward to learning in an environment where they already share facilities with Seniors. Educators agree that young teenagers are ready for bigger challenges and the greater depth of learning that secondary schools provide.
Glennie’s Middle Years program is specifically designed to provide the opportunity for girls in Years 7 to 9 to learn and grow in ways that acknowledge and respect this unique and special time of adolescence.
The Middle Years programs allows Glennie girls to:
- Experience and achieve success in a range of areas, establishing the need for mastery.
- Develop their curiosity and understanding.
- Use their originality for self-expression.
- Develop satisfying connections and relationships.
Girls are encouraged to explore their individuality as well as the environment in which they live. They expand their skills and learning though an engaging and meaningful curriculum that includes choice, real world experiences and community service. The Middle Years program allows for a smooth and happy transition to Glennie Senior Years.
The French Immersion program runs in Year 8, 9 and 10. Girls participating in this program, experience the unique opportunity to learn another language, whilst during at their most receptive age . . . Read More
Technology is integrated into the curriculum from Year 7 . . . Read More
Mind Fitness - MFit® Program
The MFit® Program aims to create an environment in which students develop a positive sense of self, a healthy relationship with themselves, healthy relationships with others, and a sense of belonging. Each lesson provides students with a space to connect, share and learn with their peers and Tutor teacher.
The MFit® Program strengthens each girl’s mind by developing their ability to:
- Manage the everyday challenges of life
- Create a strong sense of self
- Cultivate a growth mindset
- Effectively communicate with others
- Navigate various social media platforms
- Develop and maintain healthy relationships
- Build resilience to be able to handle failure and rejection
- Incorporate mindfulness practices into their daily lives
- Seek help for themselves and others
To read more about Glennie Middle Years including core and elective subject choices, download the Middle Years Subject Handbook