Communication and Activities
Boarders are encouraged to maintain close and frequent contact with family and friends:
- Frequent opportunities are provided for visits during the School term.
- Internet and phone use for boarders is allowed but closely supervised.
- There is a strong boarder parent community that enjoys social functions at the beginning and end of term time and that also provides mentoring support to new boarder families.
The Head of Boarding is contactable at all times including at night and being on call at all times during the Term. In case of an emergency, there is a staff member on call overnight in each boarding house and there is always a Nursing Sister available in the Health Centre or on call. During school holidays, the Head of Boarding emergency details are also available to parents.
Portal - Phone App
The Glennie School Portal is an invaluable online resource for parents and students. The ‘Boarding’ page on the Portal contains information specifically for boarders and their families.
It is a powerful tool for keeping up to date with School activities, lessons and assessment. Parents are encouraged to check the ‘Information for Parents’ section regularly for updates.
Parents can log in to the Portal, via the Glennie website www.glennie.qld.edu.au using the parent code (located on your term account) and password, which, if it is forgotten, can be reset online.
Glennie’s very own iPhone/iPad App is available from the Apple App store as a free download.
For Android users, please download the Glennie App from google play This App is designed to allow Glennie parents access to information about events and daily activities at the School. It will be updated regularly to ensure that the information provided is the most current and up-to-date available.
- Have the sports fixtures been cancelled due to bad weather? The notice section of the app will tell you.
- Need to check on the venue and start time of Speech Day? The calendar in the app will hold this information.
Boarders can take part in all aspects of extra and co-curricular life at Glennie. There is also a busy schedule of activities, outings and events planned especially for the boarding community to enjoy.